Siemens Healthineers External Innovation Think Tank (eITT) Exhibition 2020
By Dilek Akgün | August 6, 2020
Innovation Think Tank (ITT), a part of the Chief Technology Office of Siemens Healthineers shares its online external Innovation Think Tank Exhibition 2020 with speeches and COVID’19 influenced disease pathways with the global audience. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and digitalization being one of the key strategies for Siemens Healthineers, Siemens Healthineers ITT has modified the format of its ITT exhibition 2020 to a virtual recorded event. The event focuses on open innovation and co-creation in the area of healthcare by bringing together key stakeholders such as hospitals, research institutions, universities, start-ups and VCs. The UofSC ITT Lab is a part of Siemens Healthineers’ global ITT infrastructure which includes multiple innovation labs across Germany, China, India, Turkey, the United States, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom, addressing projects from 23 Siemens locations.
The focus of this year’s exhibition is to show the complete pathways for the most prominent diseases (e.g. coronary artery disease, cancer, diabetes etc.), the impact of COVID-19 on them and the possible solutions to solve these challenges. They are in the areas of digitalization, automation, new diagnostic and treatment methods, clinical innovation and process improvements in the healthcare system. The virtual recorded eITT 2020 event includes;
– Recorded speeches from experts and management representatives from Siemens Healthineers and ITT key collaboration partners including the UofSC ITT Lab’s representatives showing what we did together in the last years, what our plans for the next year are and how interdisciplinary Innovation Think Tank methodology has been helping in addressing the complex challenges in healthcare (bringing experts, disciplines, locations and healthcare system stakeholders together).
– Virtual tour of the ITT Office and lab giving an insight into our infrastructure, methodology and processes.
– Projects in the following areas by ITT Fellows and members from ITT locations and collaborations worldwide;
• Facts and figures about 12 diseases, chosen based on top economic burden, social impact and mortality,
• How disease pathways get influenced by the challenges from COVID-19 and
• Possible solutions to address those challenges in various disease pathways.
This year’s format allows to have the recorded speeches on-demand. The audience can take a look at the speeches at any time in case they would like to view it again.